Welcome to the Milton Public Library. We are committed to preserving a safe and welcoming environment for all visitors to the library.
Visitors are expected to comply with the following Rules of Conduct while in the building and/or on library premises and may be asked to leave if non-compliant.
Act legally and ethically.
- Improper or illegal behavior in the library and on library grounds is prohibited. Engaging in such behavior may result in police involvement and possible prosecution.
- Do not harass patrons or staff, or use or display obscene, threatening or abusive language.
- No smoking or vaping of any kind is allowed on library premises.
- Do not use or bring into the library alcohol or any other intoxicating substances; do not enter the library while impaired by the use of alcohol, drugs or other substances.
- No weapons of any type are allowed on library premises.
- The library’s interior and exterior are under recorded surveillance for your safety and security.
Use spaces and resources as they are intended.
- Animals are not allowed in the library, with the exception of trained service animals.
- Food is prohibited in the library; covered drinks are allowed - except near public computers.
- Shoes and shirts are required to be worn at all times.
- Theft, defacing, damaging, or misusing library property will be prosecuted.
- Sleeping is not allowed.
- Soliciting is prohibited.
Be considerate of other Library users.
- Children under the age of ten and dependent persons must always be attended by a responsible adult.
- Cell phone use must not disrupt the quiet use of the library.
- Use of personal electronic devices or headphones must not be disruptive to others in the library.
- Strong odors, such as body odor, unwashed clothing, and strong-smelling perfumes and colognes are prohibited.
Do not engage in any conduct which:
- Interferes with the safety of others in the library or on the library’s grounds.
- Disrupts the orderly operation of the library.
- Interferes with the use of the library by others.
Approved by the Milton Public Library Board of Trustees on October 11, 2023