Milton Public Library is monitoring the status and risks of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and we’re working to protect the health and safety of our patrons and staff. Here is what we have put in place to date:
- Front entrance-door handles, bathroom door handles, computer keyboards, and service desks are sanitized by staff each morning before we open.
- Affixed hand sanitizers are mounted inside and outside the entrance door for patron and staff use.
- Hand sanitizer and tissues are available at the computer sign-in station.
- Hand washing instructions are posted in the library restrooms.
- Patrons and staff are not allowed in the library if they are ill.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) fliers about COVID-19 are available at the circulation desk for you to take home.
- We are communicating daily with town department directors and the Vermont Department of Libraries, and will update plans as necessary.
If you can’t come to the library or you’re limiting your time in public places, know that you can access many library services 24/7 online, using your current Milton Public Library card. Online resources include:
- Your libary account. From our webpage, choose the link for Account Login.
- eBooks and eAudiobooks are available to Milton Public Library patrons via OverDrive/Libby.
- Vermont Online Library provides access to Gale databases, enabling library patrons to search magazines, newspapers, books, and more.
- EBSCO’s LearningExpress Library provides a comprehensive selection of academic and career-related online tools.
- We currently offer some 50 magazines through the RBdigital Magazine Value Collection.
- Online genealogic resources are provided for your review and use.
- Universal Class offers more than 500 online courses, free to Milton Public Library cardholders.
When accessing most Milton Public Library provided online resources, your library card number is your username, and your last name, all lower case, is your password. If you have any questions, please call us at 802-893-4644.
Below is a list of national and state health site links relating specifically to Coronavirus:
Vermont Department of Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
World Health Organization Video: Dr. Peter Lin
Flier: What You Need to Know about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Flier: Stop the Spread of Germs
Tips for Caregivers, Parents, and Teachers during Infectious Disease Outbreaks from Samhsa.gov
National Institutes of Health COVID-19 Factsheet
Photo Privided by the CDC: Transmission electron microscopic image of an isolate from the first U.S. case of COVID-19, formerly known as 2019-nCoV. The spherical viral particles, colorized blue, contain cross-section through the viral genome, seen as black dots.