BOOK THE MEETING ROOM
To book the Milton Public Library’s meeting room, please contact the library at 802-893-4644.
MEETING ROOM POLICY
Milton Public Library’s meeting room is available to groups or individuals during library hours for not-for-profit use. Private parties are not allowed. Library and town meetings have first priority for room use.
- The meeting room is scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- Meeting room space is intended for specific events, rather than for regularly scheduled meetings or a series of events. Requests for exceptions must be made in writing to the library director.
- Include set-up and clean-up in the time you request the room for.
- Meetings and events must occur during regular library hours, unless a library staff member is present. Meetings must be completed 15 minutes before the library closes. The library director must pre-approve meetings outside normal library hours.
- Meetings and events scheduled in the library’s meeting room are done so with the express understanding that if a need arises for library or town use of the room, these will take priority. In the event of a conflict, library staff will notify the contact person who scheduled the meeting/event as soon as possible.
- Cancellations should be made to library staff at 802-893-4644, as soon as possible. Failure to provide cancellation notice may jeopardize an individual or groups future use of the meeting room.
- Use of the meeting room does not indicate endorsement, participation, or sponsorship by the library.
- Per the Vermont Department of Public Safety, the capacity of the meeting room may not exceed 70 people based on an arrangement of tables and chairs.
- A responsible adult over 21 years old must be present at the event at all times.
- Children must be supervised.
- All publicity must indicate the event sponsor, so it is clear the Milton Public Library is not endorsing or sponsoring the event.
- When using the meeting room, consideration of others is necessary as it relates to noise and traffic.
- The meeting room may not be sublet to any other group or person(s), or used for any other purpose than stated.
- Products and services may not be advertised, solicited, or sold at non-library sponsored events.
- Illegal activities of any kind are prohibited.
- Except as may be permitted during town/library approved coursework or events, weapons of any kind (firearms, knives, etc.) are prohibited in the town and library facilities.
- Alcohol and nicotine products are prohibited.
- All trash and food must be removed by the user.
- The room – including tables, chairs, floors, and equipment — must be thoroughly cleaned.
- The room should be restored to its original set-up.
- Carpeting, tables, chairs, walls, lights, windows, and equipment should be left in as good or better condition as they were upon the group’s arrival.
- Windows and doors should be closed and locked at the end of the event/meeting.
- Any damage should be reported to library staff immediately.
- It is expressly understood that Milton Public Library and the Town of Milton will be held harmless from/against claims, lawsuits, actions, liability for any property damage, and liability for any injury or death of any person.
Approved by the Library Board of Trustees on December 4, 2018.