We’re happy to announce that Milton Public Library’s building is open by appointment to browse for books, use a library computer, make black-and-white copies, and purchase basket raffle tickets. This is the next stage of our phased reopening plan, which is based on federal, state, town, and library board mandated and recommended safety procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic.
WHAT’S THE SAME
Curbside pickup is still our primary mode of service, and the outdoor book drop is open for returns. All programming is online.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
- Call the library during business hours at 802-893-4644 to make an appointment to to browse for books, use a library computer, make black-and-white copies, and purchase basket raffle tickets. Each person entering the library must have an appointment.
- Appointments are for 30 minutes, at the top of the hour and ending at half-past the hour. If you arrive late for your appointment, you must still finish your visit by half past the hour. This allows staff cleaning time between appointments.
- A limited number of appointments are available at each of these times.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
10 – 10:30 a.m.
11 – 11:30 a.m.
2 – 2:30 p.m. (not available on Wednesdays)
3 – 3:30 p.m.
4 – 4:30 p.m.
2 – 2:30 p.m.
- Each person under age 14 must be accompanied one-on-one by an adult. Kids age 9 and under must be with an adult throughout their library visit.
- In order to maintain physical distancing and protect the health of patrons and staff, computer help is not available. Patrons with limited computer skills should make a reservation for someone to come with them to help. Each person must have an appointment.
- Please go to the restroom before arriving. The town and library restrooms are closed to the public.
- Bring your library card, as you will need to scan it to check out your materials.
- Everyone must wear a mask. If you are unable to wear a mask, curbside pickup service is available for you.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Call the library at 802-893-4644 when you arrive for your appointment, and wait outside the back door of the library, socially distanced, until a staff member comes for you. Every individual must have an appointment.
- Everyone must wear a mask at all times.
- When you first enter, you will be asked to use hand sanitizer so that your hands will be clean before touching the materials.
- Patrons should maintain a minimum distance of six feet circumference between persons not in their party.
- Put materials on carts to be re-shelved, if you decide not to check them out after taking them from a shelf.
In accordance with the safety measures set by Governor Scott and the State of Vermont, please:
If you’re sick, stay home. Self-isolate if you have a fever or cough, or if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Symptoms include: fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell. To ensure safety of staff and visitors, individuals exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be refused entry. Out-of-state visitors, please review Vermont requirements and guidelines.
Stay six feet away from everyone. Unless a family or group arrives together, all guests must remain at least six feet apart.
Cloth face coverings required for all patrons. Wear a mask to cover your nose and mouth. If you are unable to wear a face covering or prefer not to, curbside pickup is available for you.
Returns go into the outdoor book drop.
Want to renew an item? Don’t bring it into the library. We can renew it for you by phone or when you come to the desk to check out your other items.
Appointments are to browse for books, use a library computer, make black-and-white copies, and purchase basket raffle tickets. Printing from the computer is by donation. Please have exact payment for raffle tickets. We cannot make change.
Scanning and faxing services are not available.
Restrooms are not available.
While you’re in the library, you may browse the Friends of the Library Book Sale. Sales are by donation only, as we cannot make change.
The library meeting room is closed. We are unable to accept reservations at this time.
Appointments may be made by telephone only, so that we may review the procedures with you.
Please call us to cancel your appointment, if you can’t make it.
Thank you for your continued support! We look forward to exploring new ways to safely serve our community.
Last update November 4, 2020.