Young adults age 12 through 18; tell us a story in 1,500 words or less for our Teen Space Writing Contest. Your story may be fact or fiction. Let your creativity run!
- Writers must be between the ages of 12 and 18.
- Only single-author stories qualify.
- The story must be original and never before published.
- Copyrighted names or images are not allowed.
- Type your story. At the top of the first page, include your name, age, and telephone number. Entrants may have someone else type the story for them.
- Submit your story by 5 p.m. Friday, August 7. You may email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Writing Contest in the subject line. You may mail it (postmarked no later than August 7) to Milton Public Library, 39 Bombardier Road, Milton, VT, 05468. Alternatively, you may deliver your story in an envelope marked Writing Contest to the book return behind the library.
- A panel of three judges will review the stories for creativity, unique style, character development, grammar, spelling, and length (1,500 words or less). Judges’ decisions are final.
- Three winners, announced on Friday, August 21, will receive a $25 debit card (1st place); a $20 debit card (2nd place); and a $10 debit card (3rd place).
- We will publish the winning stories on the library’s website and share them on social media, with your permission.
Questions? Call the library at 802-893-4644.