The goal of the Milton Public Library Teen Advisory Group is to provide an experience of leadership and volunteerism. It is open to all students between the ages of 12 and 18. Applicants must be energetic, responsible, and positive. We want to strengthen Milton Public Library’s ties to the teens in our community by promoting our library services, offering programming that encourages creativity, allowing for expansion of knowledge and advancing our collection to meet their interests. Members are expected to aid the staff goals by sharing ideas and input. Meetings will be monthly.
- Must be 12 – 18 years of age.
- Must be Milton residents.
- Must be willing to commit to a one hour meeting a month with a six month commitment.
Must be respectful of other’s opinions.
- Members will be selected based on the strength of their application, availability for meetings and following a brief interview with a librarian.
Members will work as a team under the guidance and supervision of the Teen Space Coordinator to:
- Plan and implement teen programs.
- Recommend books, movies, CDs, and magazines for the Young Adult collection.
- Volunteer for other programming offered at Milton Public Library
Benefits for members:
- Community service hours granted
- Involvement may be included on college and/or job resumes
- Reference letter for college and/or job applications
Members will only receive these benefits if they fulfill their commitment to the Teen Advisory Group as outlined above.
To download an application, click here. Return completed application to the Milton Public Library addressed to Teen Space Coordinator, 39 Bombardier Road, Milton, Vermont 05468 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Michelle Desranleau, Teen Space Coordinator